Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9, 2011 aka Verona

Well today was our last day of travel before this trip is over. It is so weird. It was so much shorter than my summer adventure, that it feels like I am just getting used to things and now I have to leave. I do want to go home, (traveling around is not quite as much fun in the bitter cold lol) but I am definitely not ready for school to start. That is like the least favorite thing on my list. Except the musical should be really awesome. Anyways, today we traveled to Verona! There were five of us today since Kayanne came, but it was still super awesome. We didn't end up being able to leave til like noon since for some weird reason there were absolutely no regional trains leaving for Verona until noon! I mean seriously. Leaving for everywhere else except where I wanted to go of course. At least there were no tickets today since we more than made sure to validate our tickets. The house of Juliet was amazing. There was writing from everyone like around the world and the walls were covered. I guess every year or so they paint back over it so it is clear for people to write on again. Right now it is completely covered in all of the signatures and hearts people have drawn on it. We borrowed chalk from the center, so it was way easier to write and actually see what we wrote. It didn't matter that the chalk would come off because everyone's stuff gets covered anyways. It is mainly just the symbol of it. So I put DR+CG with a cute heart around it, and the other girls did the same for them and their significant others. We then took pictures of the balcony and stuff. I thought it was so neat to basically like be apart of theShakespeare legend for just that little bit. There is this statue of Juliet there, and it is considered good luck to go up to it and touch her chest. Which is weird, but I don't question the Italians, so we did it. lol. We also got to see the Arena, which is like the colesseum, except a little different. It looked very cool. Verona in general was just a gorgeous city. I loved it so much! We got back around like six or so because we called it a day. Such a great end to an amazing trip, even though it started out a little crappy. Calling it a night! Going to watch letters to Juliet, even though the movie is quite different from reality

No comments:

Post a Comment