Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6, 2011

Today was a really good day! I was in charge of the Part Time Preschoolers and it went really well. There were only six kids, I think in part because they knew Silvia was gone and because it is an Italian holiday, but they were really sweet and for once actually basically ate everything. Natalie worked with me and the room, and that was nice, but I really liked being in charge. It almost makes me wish I was an elementary major, but I don't know if for reals I could do it all the time. The holiday is something, and I don't remember the name I will try to get back with it, but it is about a witch that finds all of the lost presents that santa and the parents leave behind and then bring them to the children. This is also the day that they hang up their stockings over the fireplaces. It signifies the end of the holiday season and was actually originally the story of the three wise men bringing Jesus gifts. I let them play with the model magic again, and it was awesome. We made little people with it. Then I found blue moon sand! They got it everywhere, but it kept them entertained for like ever. So cute. Lunch today was nasty though. It was like tuna and noodles. Bleh. Hopefully it is better tomorrow. The kinders were good. Riley sat in my lap and read me a bunch of books. he didn't actually read them, he kind of had them memorized and didn't want to sound out words he didn't know. I'm pretty sure everyone I knew read in preschool, I don't know why these kids are just learning in kindergarden. Mine will definitely learn before that when i have them. But it was cute. He was much better today. Forgot to say that yesterday he threw this nasty fit where he was screaming and like flailing all crazy like. Ms. Angela had to like restrain him. But he was cute today. I think he acts better when he doesn't play with Tyree. Little Kyle was super sweet today too, and like fell asleep in my lap while other kids were playing card games. I love these kids. Til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment